Thursday 1 August 2013

Three lemons left.



Three Lemons Left. Time to think about heading back to Alora. My supply of  wine is going down fast too. (pause for a glug). One black pudding to go, a bag of olives and that's about it. One of those lemons looks a bit ropey too. 30p+ in the shops here!

The old Español has slipped too. I went to a 'meetup' of Spanish/English speakers in Birmingham on Sunday but no-one spoke to me so I went home. Ignorant bastards. They all appeared to be under 20 and on the pull. I was invisible. I'm trying to keep up my Spanish by Reading Spanish books (book). Also I'm watching re-runs of a Spanish soap called 'Cuéntame Como Pasó' set in the late 60s. It's really good and the daughter's a stunner. She bought a bikini in the last episode.

http://www.rtve.es/television/cuentame/temporada-1/

El retorno del Fugitivo

Have a look if you fancy brushing up your Spanish. She's third from the left.

What a fantastic summer!! 3 weeks of sun and heat. We got it right this time.

I found out that I've been driving in England illegally for the last ten years. Apparently driving a car with foreign plates in the UK is illegal if you are a UK resident. Who'd a thought? I was assured by a very nice lady in Coin that I could get away with it as 'the pólice here probably don't know.' I imagined myself explaining this to a post graduate UK traffic bobby and decided to CHANGE CARS. I also have doubts about my Gibralter issued  insurance cover whilst I'm here although my insurance agent (also in Coin coincidentally) assures me that even though it says máximum 3 month's travel outside Spain 'they won't know when you arrived.' In the process of checking all this I found out that Mrs. Sánchez has been driving uninsured for nearly three years. ( I trust that GCHQ  will not pass these facts on to anyone who matters). What a legal nightmare!

Meanwhile I am being pestered by young people, some well spoken and possibly from good families, who call  me several times daily to suggest that I should claim for injuries I didn't sustain last June while I was sitting in my living room and a car bumped into mine outside on the road.
 


Do you know anyone else who wants to drive a UK registered car in Spain for 6 months in a year? If you do, ask them where they get their insurance from. (whence they obtain insurance cover, Paddy). It's nigh on imposible. Bleeding meercats, bulldogs, Babushka admirals,  It took me four weeks to find some cover and 3 days to buy a new car.

Not from this lot.

AVIVA came up trumps. I think.

Thanks.


Meanwhile....NEWS FROM ÁLORA

These pictures  of the Caminito del Rey (see blog 1/1/2013) appeared on the Álora website. The news is that work is about to start on the refurbishment of the pathway. This news appears regularly. The pictures are 'artist's impressions.









Can't wait.

1/8/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment